October 22, 2010

CCR #4 and 5: MLB Post Season and Best of October by 82Redbirds

Well, it's about time I get off my lazy duff and start contributing to this project. I'm going to fudge a little and combine the last two subjects into one post.

First of all, let's take a look at the MLB post season. It's a little late to be making predictions about the LDS since we could be deciding who wins the pennants in the next two nights. But I just wanted to get a quick comment in about the NLCS. Even though the Giants are up 3-2, I still have a feeling the Phillies are going to the World Series again this year. In the AL, I am rooting for the Rangers. To be quite honest, it's not that I'm a huge Rangers fan. I just love to see an underdog come out on top, and considering this is the first year the Rangers have ever won a post season series, I would be very happy if they sent the Yanks home to watch the WS on TV.

Second of all, without question, the best part of October (for me) is the MLB playoffs. But this year it's bittersweet. The Cardinals failed to make it into the post season so that stings a little (especially since the Reds did make it). October also means that baseball season will soon be over (another deeply depressing annual event). But October brings with it the promise of the soon-to-come World Series, which just the mention of it makes me smile.

So have fun carving pumpkins and making plans for family get-togethers for Thanksgiving. I'll be glued to the TV set watching the Rangers and the Phillies in the World Series, my favorite part of the year.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Go ahead... share your opinions