October 17, 2010

CCR #5: Best Part of October by sanjosefuji

First up... thanks G for coming up with this week's topic. Now... let's get on with the question.

October is usually the worst month of the year for me. Why? Because it's from mid-September through the end of November there aren't any major holidays that teachers get off.

Now, don't get me wrong. I'm not one of those teachers who hate my job. In fact, I no doubt have one of the best jobs in the world and actually look forward to going into work about 95% of the time. But the fact is... two months straight without a break is kind of a bummer.

At least I have Thanksgiving break, Christmas break, Winter break, Spring break, and Summer break to look forward to.

But Gmoses is right... there's a bunch of stuff going on in the world of sports during this month. And if I had to choose one that I'm most excited about... I'd have to go hockey.

Why? Well San Jose doesn't have many major sports teams... there's the Earthquakes... the Sabercats... the (SJ) Giants... and then of course... there's the Sharks. Since I'm not a major soccer fan, I don't really follow the Earthquakes. The Sabercats took the year off from the AFL. And the San Jose Giants are done for the season.

So in San Jose, the Sharks are #1 (well the SF Giants are pretty popular too... but I'm not a Giants fan). It's one of those things that brings a city together. In fact... it's one of the few things that students and teachers actually agree on (just kidding).

Plus... the Sharks have one of the most talented teams in the league, so they're always fun to watch.

Anyways... it's WAY, WAY, WAY, past my bedtime. So goodnight y'all.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Go ahead... share your opinions